Primal Bone Broth
We do now stock bone broth at the office to make it easier for you to add this wonderful product into your pet’s diet. Whether your pet needs it for a current health issue, or to maintain overall good health, it is one of the best things you can do for your pet’s nutritional needs.
Bone Broth – Can your dog’s health benefit from this?
The answer to this question is a great big Yes! This wonderful nutritional treat has been used for centuries around the world. Bone broth can be called an immune-boosting superfood and is beneficial for humans and dogs alike. It is rich in gelatin, potassium and calcium and aids in your dog’s gut health. Additionally, it helps joints, bones, and the immune system. This added boost comes in handy, especially later in life.
We are not talking here about soups or soup stock here. Bone Broth can be made at home by cooking beef or chicken bones, water and apple cider vinegar.
Benefits of Bone Broth
1. The gelatin aids in digestive issues, when used with a bland diet to treat vomiting or diarrhea and sometimes even helping anal gland problems.
2. The gelatin also helps with a healthy coat and skin. It can be beneficially for allergy patients
3. There are a number of important vitamins and minerals that are more easily absorbed than they are from a tablet or capsule supplement
4. The collagen and hyaluronic acid content is critical in today’s highly processed food chain. Collagen keeps our bones and joints healthy. Today we see so many orthopedic issues because the diet of our pets is deficient in collagen. We have also taken the raw bones out of our pet’s diet, and that is unfortunate. We see so many more dogs with dental illness and orthopedic problems due to the dry kibble that is commonly fed.
5. Liver detoxifying mechanisms. This is great for animals that have been, or currently are on, drugs. This helps to support liver function.